Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So i just spent the past 2 hours syncing music over to my iPhone and it all got "erased"

So I just got done syncing almost all of my music form iTunes (12.3.3) to my iPhone 6s (iOS 9.3.1) except for 2 songs. When i tried to sync them over i got an error message saying that saying that some of the items are not able to copy over to the iPhone because they were not able to play on the iPhone. Then underneath it was a list of 100 other songs that were unable to play on the iPhone 6s. I have had many other problems with iTunes before and this type of error message has sprung up before so I knowingly checked my iPhone immediately to check if all my music was gone. About 90% of the music I have just spent the past 2 hours syncing over were in fact gone! Only a couple songs were still on my iPhone (besides the few ones I had boughten through iTunes in the iPhone app) leaving me with 100 less songs!

Next I went straight to iTunes to try and resync the music over and iTunes acted as if the songs were already on my iPhone (if you don't know what I mean, try to sync an album over to your Apple device that is already on said Apple device). Which means that the music was somehow on my iPhone but not showing up in the music app. This is the problem I'm having, iTunes thinks that I have the music already on my iPhone when I don't.

All the music is .mp3 format, and it has been on my iPhone before so I don't think the files can be corrupt or not compatible. Only thing I can think of is that this is some iTunes glitch since this has happened to me before.

Any other info I need to provide just ask for and I hope we can get this problem solved asap.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2016 7:03 PM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2016 9:51 PM in response to ManSinha

I have 64 gb iphone with 40 gigs free so i have enough space

So i checked the summary and it says i have 140 songs (826 mb) and i counted how many songs in the settings>general>usage and i have 74 songs. I am missing 100 songs, so there is 70 some that are in "hiding". Makes sense iTunes thinks they are on iPhone already, but don't know how to figure the songs i have already on iPhone nor ones i dont. Any more ideas? And thanks alot for that, helps alot knowing they are on phone but not in music

EDIT:

1. iTunes says i have 145 songs after sync, if that matters at all
  2. I went to my iPhone>music ( not under the "on my device" music) then scrolled all down to manually added songs and i think i have a list of all songs "on" iPhone. When i tried to mass select some to sync over to iphone, i got an error message -54.
  3. I also have next to some songs a ! in a circle next to it in iTunes, whatever that means

So i just spent the past 2 hours syncing music over to my iPhone and it all got "erased"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.