Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibooks

I can't easily find downloaded pdf's on my I pad because they appear to be randomly stored. they used to appear in order of download

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 12:02 AM

4 replies

Apr 25, 2016 7:58 AM in response to karintina

Hi karintina,

I understand you are having trouble finding PDF's on your iPad. With iOS 9.3.1, all PDFs can now be synced via iCloud. On your iPad mini, if you select the PDF category, you will see four options at the top of the screen:

• Bookshelf
  • Titles
  • Authors
  • Categories

If you tap the Titles view, you will see the PDF's in alphabetical order. So using that view, or using the search box to find a particular PDF, may be the easiest way to navigate. Also, you can use the Categories feature to organize and find your documents as well.

Use iBooks with PDF documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Sync ePub, iBooks Author books, and PDF files with iBooks and iCloud

Frequently asked questions about iBooks

Organize your library

To rearrange books in your iBooks library, touch and hold a book, then move it where you want it. You can also sort books in iBooks by switching to List view and tapping Most Recent, Titles, Authors, or Categories.

You can also organize your books these ways:

• A grid or list view.
  • Specific collections based on a topic. For example, you can put all your books and PDFs related to your work in a single collection.

User uploaded file

To use Collections, tap the Collections button, or the name of the collection on your iPhone or iPod touch to change or add new collections.

Cheers,

Apr 26, 2016 2:15 AM in response to karintina

I have the same problem with books as well. It's been happening for about a month and after tons of hours on the phone with apple support, and hours of resetting my iPad, wiping my iPad and reinstalling the ios softwear etc., there is still no solution. The books and pdf's rearrange randomly in every category that I have set up. Any new downloads will appear on top but then ibooks will slow down drastically and rearrange everything again. This is very frustrating as I have hundreds of books and never had the issue before a month ago.

I hope you find a solution. Please post it if you do.

ibooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.