Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Link selected in Mail defaults to the Yahoo web page

OSX 10.7.5 Mail ver. 5.3

Safari isn't set as my default browser. If I get an e-mail in Mail which has a link such as Twitter...when I click on it it connects me to Yahoo web page. Basically I don't care for Yahoo and use Google for searches. And it doesn't connect me with the link that I clicked on in Mail.... what is the problem? any ideas?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 266ghz 24Gb RAM, 6 HD's 500 2x2Tb

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 12:30 AM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2016 3:36 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you. Some strange things happening. I use Firefox...as a browser. Shouldn't F.F. come up when clicking on a link? it is set as my default browser... I was using Chrome but it is no longer supported on OSX 10.7.5.

This is the Yahoo Page that opens, say if I got an e-mail Twitter...click on view in Twitter and Yahoo comes up. (below)

One way to clear the problem was to delete Yahoo.com from my history.

User uploaded file

Apr 29, 2016 3:51 AM in response to lllaass

https://www.yahoo.com opens. Please remember this is when I get an e-mail in (Mail) and someone puts a web page link for me to check out….I used to just double click and it would open the link (in Safari). Now if a click ex. a Twitter, FB, YouTube, Sound Cloud link only the main Yahoo Web Page comes up. I can copy and paste these links into Firefox and they open. Again, I was using CHROME but they stopped supporting in unless I have 10.8.5 or above. Then Safari started acting strange and I kept getting ads from Mac Keeper that wouldn't quit and stopping me from using Safari. So, I went back to using Firefox.

Link selected in Mail defaults to the Yahoo web page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.