Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks stop showing my books after update to iOS 9.3

On my OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 and my iPhone 6S is everything working normally - iBooks is syncing and showing books. But on my iPad Mini (ME277SL/A) and my new iPhone SE is everything hidden (Only few books which I bought in iBooks Store are visible). I tried everything what is suggested here in Support Community.

Everything started after iOS 9.3. update. Problem is continuing after 9.3.1. update.

What I can do for it?

Thanks!

iBook, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 5:21 AM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2016 12:54 PM in response to petr.01

Hi petr.01,

I understand you are not seeing your all of your iBooks on your iPad Mini and your iPhone SE. The resources below provide some information and troubleshooting steps you can try.

Sync iBooks between your Mac and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you buy a book on your Mac or your iOS device, it’s automatically available through iTunes in the Cloud on all of your iOS devices and all of your Mac computers. You can also sync your bookmarks, notes, and collections across your devices.

Download books to your device

Items purchased on other devices or your Mac might appear in your library with a cloud icon in the upper-right corner. This shows that the item is available to download from iCloud, but isn't on your Mac or iOS device.

To download the item and start reading it, tap the book you want to read. The book will download and open after a few moments, depending on your connection speed.

See your purchased books

On your iOS device

• In iBooks 3.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iBooks > Show All Purchases.
  • In iBooks 4.0 or later, tap the menu at the top of the screen (which could say All Books, Books, PDFs, or the name of one of your collections), then tap Hide iCloud Books at the bottom of the pop-up menu to turn it off.

Keep your books up to date across your devices​

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• Go to Settings > iBooks.
  • Select Sync Collections and Sync Bookmarks and Notes.
    In iBooks 3.2 or earlier, select Sync Collections and Sync Bookmarks.

If you don't see all of your information on all of your devices, check your settings:

• Make sure that you turned on the above sync settings on all of your devices.
  • Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID in the iBooks Store on all of your devices.

Use iBooks with PDF documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

iBooks comes pre-installed on iOS 8 and later. To install the latest compatible version of iBooks on an older version of iOS, follow these steps.

You can sync PDF documents to your computer from iBooks in iOS and iTunes 10.1 or later.

You can also view PDF email attachments or PDFs from Safari in the app.

Take care,

Apr 26, 2016 1:41 PM in response to judysings

Thanks for responding! But nothing help... I already tried almost everything from this topic: iBooks has suddenly stopped syncing between my iPhone and iPad

Nothing help 😟 iPhone 6S is normally working but totally new iPhone SE and old iPad Mini don't... Everything starts immediately after update to newest version of iOS (9.3.)

But thanks for trying 🙂

iBooks stop showing my books after update to iOS 9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.