Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CoreDAVErrorDomain error 3.

Hi there,

For some reason my Contacts in iCloud have stopped synching between my Mac & devices (no issues previously)

When I click on the information button (shown in the triangle next to iCloud, under All Contacts), it shows the following error (CoreDAVErrorDomain error 3.)

Any ideas what may be going on here?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), External HD Transcend StoreJet 1TB

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 5:51 AM

8 replies

Apr 25, 2016 1:02 PM in response to noosawoods

Hi noosawoods,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that your contacts are not staying synced between your devices as you would expect. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I recommend reading over and working through the steps in the following article.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

Best!

Apr 26, 2016 2:33 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the direction - I have worked through the solutions step by step, but no luck.

What I neglected to stress in my last post was that it is ONLY Contacts that will not synchronise - all else (e.g.: Notes, Calendar) are working fine.

This seems strange to me, as obviously iCloud itself isn't the issue here?

Any other ideas?

Thanks again

Apr 26, 2016 6:05 AM in response to noosawoods

Thank you for replying with this information. Because the information in the previous article wasn’t able to help you resolve this syncing issue with Contacts, it may be more beneficial for you to contact AppleCare directly. Contacting Apple Support will allow us to really look into this situation and provide you the best support possible.

Contact Apple Support - Apple Support

Have a great day

May 3, 2016 8:10 AM in response to noosawoods

I had this same issue, contacts refusing to sync from iCloud. Calendar was working fine. We have been using this account between 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, and 3 Macs for several years to just share calendars and contacts. The CoreDAVErrorDomain error 3 showed up little more than a week ago. Have been working with Apple Support for over a week, still not resolved. Last night I discovered the system does not like a special character in the name field. We had our first name as "Tom & Pat". Been that way for years, no issues. I changed the "&" to "and" and now all of the contacts are syncing properly. Looks like Apple has done a software load on the server which has issues with special characters in names. I made the change at appleid.apple.com. I never had to change anything on my side. Contacts on Macs just needed to be restarted. iOS devices needed to be rebooted.

Hope this helps.

May 3, 2016 6:51 PM in response to edwinthecarat

Hi there & thank you,

After spending a fair bit of time researching potential solutions at my end I too ended up calling Apple Support.

After the case was elevated several times (they had not seen this particular issue before), it was eventually resolved in a similar manner.

I would recommend anyone else with a similar issue to change their "&" to an "and" also, as this seems to be what helped sort the problem.

The Support rep Col was very diligent, & also very helpful

May 25, 2016 4:16 AM in response to noosawoods

We have confirmed this bug. Suspect it may be iOS 9.X related as our El Capitan based macs would still sync contact with icloud but the iOS devices would not. Our icloud account name has had an & in it since the .mac days but only recently stopped syncing. Getting rid of the & fixed our issue as it did for you. We contacted apple to report the bug (there are actually two bugs - the lack of sync as well as the lac of an error report for a failed sync in iOS) but I'm not sure the "senior level" tech I spoke with understood/believed me as she hadn't heard of it before and kept asking me to log in/log out, reset my devices, etc... time well spent.

CoreDAVErrorDomain error 3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.