Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE - gap between glass and frame

Hello everyone,

I bought new iPhone SE 14 days ago. There was a gap between the aluminum frame and the gasket. As you can see on photo bellow.

What do you think? They told me, that it is normal. I don't think so. I am really disappointed, if this is Apple standard quality.

User uploaded file

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 5:20 AM

16 replies

Apr 25, 2016 12:49 PM in response to Pietro2509

Howdy Pietro2509,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Based on the issue that you described with your iPhone SE, it appears your device should be evaluated by a Genius or set up for service. The following links should help you get started with the process and contain additional information on topics such as warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/

Cheers.

Apr 26, 2016 10:10 AM in response to Jason L

Hello Jason,

thank you for your help, but I think, that this is bigger issue, than it appears. My retailer changed this SE for a new one 2 days ago and the problem

with the gap is even wors on this piece. Moreover, the guy in the store has iPhone SE too and this problem is on his device too. So, 3 iPhones have 3 exact defects. This is not best result and best ad for Apple. I will change this piece asap and I hope, that I will get lucky. I am really fan of Apple products, but this is not quality, for which I pay. I am really, really frustrated. The only option for me is get my money back or get a new piece with 100% chance, that this defect will be on another piece....

Apr 26, 2016 10:26 AM in response to Pietro2509

I cannot answer that question. It is a personal preference thing. I don't own an SE, and actually haven't see one yet, so I cannot say that it is normal. If you are dissatisfied, then return the device for a refund. From the photo, it appears to me there is a space that would concern me. If all of the devices the reseller has look that way, You may want to wait and purchase later.

May 24, 2016 10:18 AM in response to Pietro2509

hi

ive the same problem too.

ive taken the phone on carrier contract. Was wondering if I should take it to carrier or Apple Store?

and seeing what happened to Pietro, I'm thinkink should I even take it. 🙂

my iPhone 5 seems solid compared to this. This one even makes a mild noise when you hold it tight and the power button is a little lose.

Please let me know how you guys resolved.

THanks!

May 24, 2016 10:40 AM in response to sundaysyndrome

sundaysyndrome wrote:

Was wondering if I should take it to carrier or Apple Store?

....This one even makes a mild noise when you hold it tight and the power button is a little lose.

Apple handles all warranty questions and replacements for the iPhone. I would make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store. Only they can determine what they will do. Considering you display more than one issue, that is your best choice.

May 25, 2016 1:41 PM in response to sundaysyndrome

Hello, where are you from? I am from Czech republic and this issue is on 5 SEs from 5 :-) So this problem is big issue if you buy it for example in US.

It is very nice to go to Apple Store, but Apple employees are just peoples like us and this hardware issue (bigger frame or smaller glass) has only one solution - exchange for another piece. I will wait a couple months and than I will require exchange for another piece. Only solution for us is waiting and hope, that someone in Apple notices this problem a they will correct manufacturing process. Like i said - I am very disappointed from this "quality". They want be the top, but this is sad. Petr

Jun 7, 2016 5:01 PM in response to Pietro2509

I received Apple Financing and purchased a new computer last fall. I also owned an iPhone 5 64gb. During this past week I noticed the screen lifting on the upper left side and if pressed there was a rainbow lines on the screen. From reading various threads this was a known issue of the battery expanding. Most of the threads said to return it to the store and they would replace the phone. Unfortunately they did not and said that they would replace it with an iPhone 5 64gb for the price of a new battery. Great.

However since this development I decided to upgrade to the new 5SE 64gb which they had in the store. Unfortunately I cannot purchase one using my financing in the store. So I have Apple Financing approval but cannot use it in the store to buy a product in stock. I must order it online. I can't even order it online and pick it up in the store but wait 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. The replacement already cost me $110. I can't go 3 weeks without a phone.

Very frustrating

iPhone SE - gap between glass and frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.