Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create an album of photos already on my new iPad Pro?

How do I create an album of photos on my brand new iPad Pro with photos already imported to the camera roll?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 9:22 AM

Hmm... how did the photos get to Camera Roll?

Try opening your Photos App, Select Albums at the bottom, if you see Camera Roll, then tap on the + sign on the upper left, name the album and then copy pictures from Camera Roll into it. The pictures in the album will not be actual copies, they will be pointers only, the pictures will still be in C.R.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2016 9:22 AM in response to amac215

Hmm... how did the photos get to Camera Roll?

Try opening your Photos App, Select Albums at the bottom, if you see Camera Roll, then tap on the + sign on the upper left, name the album and then copy pictures from Camera Roll into it. The pictures in the album will not be actual copies, they will be pointers only, the pictures will still be in C.R.

Apr 26, 2016 9:07 AM in response to elcpu

Thanks so much. I imported the photos from the sd card on my camera. I wanted to create a slideshow on my iPad and couldn't get the slideshow to pick up the photos I'd selected. Now I selected a few, put them in the new album created the way you suggested, and I can play the slideshow!! Very pleased.

How do I create an album of photos already on my new iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.