Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i transfer my songs the iPod restarts

i transfer songs one by one and when the song is added the iPod restarts and the song does not get added.

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 1:19 AM

Your iPod may have data corruption. You may want to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. This erases the iPod, reinstalls it software, and sets it to default settings. Reload your songs after the Restore.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

i transfer songs one by one...

Not sure if you do that normally, or you were doing that only because of this problem. But there are more convenient ways load songs on your iPod...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2016 1:19 AM in response to KrithikaR

Your iPod may have data corruption. You may want to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. This erases the iPod, reinstalls it software, and sets it to default settings. Reload your songs after the Restore.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

i transfer songs one by one...

Not sure if you do that normally, or you were doing that only because of this problem. But there are more convenient ways load songs on your iPod...

Apr 26, 2016 10:30 AM in response to KrithikaR

That often means the iPod's hard drive is faulty, and the reason for your original problem. You can try putting the iPod into Disk Mode

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_gui de.pdf

If the iPod goes into Disk Mode, run iTunes and connect the iPod. iTunes may prompt you to do a Restore with a message about "recovery." Do the Restore again. Hopefully, you get passed the startup error this time.

If the iPod does not go into Disk Mode, or the Restore fails to resolve problem, the iPod probably has a hardware problem.

when i transfer my songs the iPod restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.