Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

id3 tagging

Please help. I recently purchased a rane sl3, i have a vast music library on my main pc, and use the serato on my laptop.

i have succesfuly transferred all my music files from my pc to laptop. this is not the problem, the problem im having is that i have about 200 cds with about 10-15 songs on each cd, when i try to add them to itunes, the id3 tags will not recognize in itunes, even though they're already imbedded in the cd.

i have tried everything from downloading tagging software.

even windows media player wont recognize them, but vlc media player will???

i am using windows 7 on a dell laptop

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 1:12 PM

martyb76 wrote:

Please help. I recently purchased a rane sl3, i have a vast music library on my main pc, and use the serato on my laptop.

i have succesfuly transferred all my music files from my pc to laptop. this is not the problem, the problem im having is that i have about 200 cds with about 10-15 songs on each cd, when i try to add them to itunes, the id3 tags will not recognize in itunes, even though they're already imbedded in the cd.

Marty,

What makes you think the CDs have the ID3 tags embedded in them? If they are normal audio CDs, they most certainly do not.

I would surmise from your description that the CDs are using CD Text, which can be read by many programs but not by iTunes. Why not rip the CDs in a program that will recognize the CD Text, and add the resulting (correctly tagged) audio files to iTunes?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2016 1:12 PM in response to martyb76

martyb76 wrote:

Marty,

What makes you think the CDs have the ID3 tags embedded in them? If they are normal audio CDs, they most certainly do not.

I would surmise from your description that the CDs are using CD Text, which can be read by many programs but not by iTunes. Why not rip the CDs in a program that will recognize the CD Text, and add the resulting (correctly tagged) audio files to iTunes?

Apr 25, 2016 4:35 PM in response to martyb76

martyb76 wrote:

HI, thank you for the reply, can you recommend a programme for me please, as I'm not really sure what programme I'd need. Thank yoy

Hi Marty,

I was thinking of using one of the programs you already have that recognizes the track titles, like VLC. Rip the CD with VLC, and validate that the resulting MP3s have the correct tag data. Once validated, add them into your iTunes library.

id3 tagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.