Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has stopped working

I've been struggling with this for a couple of hours now.

Whenever I sync / restore my iPhone or iPad, iTunes throws back this message.

I have followed the guides of previous questions, but nothing is working.

I have updated all software, checked all my security apps, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried in safety mode and moved .dll files.

I have literally tried EVERYTHING and yet I'm still unable to sync my devices.

PLEASE help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 11:44 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2016 6:54 PM in response to cathelynne

Try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 29, 2016 3:07 AM in response to SavileImage

Does your computer use a proxy connection? This seems to cause particular problems with iTunes 12.3.3.

Try rolling back to the last build of iTunes that worked for you. See iTunes installers for download links. If you're rolling back from 12.3.3.17 to 12.3.2.35, for example, then you'll also need to roll back the database in the way described in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash. The tip includes suggestions for reintroducing any recent purchases so at worst you lose a few playcounts and/or a recently created playlist.

tt2

iTunes has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.