Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Korg NanoKontrol2 with Mainstage

Greetings. I am trying to get a Korg NanoKontrol2 to work with MainStage 3. I am using 3 USB controller keyboards (a CME XKey, a CME XKey37, and an iRig Keys). All three of the keyboards are set up via a powered USB hub and working properly. I am now trying to add a Korg NanoKontrol2 to the set up to control track volumes. The NanoKontrol seems to be recognized by MainStage, as I see the MIDI numbers changing when I move a fader, but it's not controlling the track volume faders. An example: when I play a key on any of the keyboards and move a fader on the NanoKontrol2, it alters pitch rather than volume. I use the NanoKontrol2 in both Logic and Ableton Live, and it maps to the track volume faders just as it should. I just need the NanoKontrol2 to map to the volume faders in MainStage and it just won't do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Specs: 2011 MacBook Pro/OS 10.11.4 - all versions of the software mentioned above are the latest upgrades.

Thanks very much.

Ron

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 2:23 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2016 2:13 AM in response to rer801

Hi ReR801, I had some issues like what you discribe. It seems to come from the Nano and the USB cable. I went back to the original (Korg) cable and 3.1.1 version of Mainstage. It Works. Sometimes I have to disconnect or re-connect the nano (on a Hootoo USB Hub) but always BEFORE launching Mainstage. I tried by exchange the order on the Hub ports: -1)Nano 2)Motu XT 3)Nord 4)Novation or an other order but it doesn't change the result with MS 3.2.1. Today I'm with 3.1.1, Hootoo Hub with 4 midi devices connected (included the Nano)... it works

Korg NanoKontrol2 with Mainstage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.