Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bowers & Wilkins T7 Bluetooth Speaker Connected, no sound

Connects to the speaker but won't make a sound. It's not on mute in the sound preferences and it won't work for any sound, not iTunes, amazon etc...I have sound from all those places if I disconnect it and use the laptop speakers. I can use the speaker with other devices, such as my iPhone.

My macbook pro, Retina, 15" mid 2015 running Yosemite 10.10.5

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2016 5:58 PM

Hi Larisa,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with the T7, hopefully we can help you resolve this problem!

We haven't actually heard of this issue before, but it does sound as though there is a setting on the Mac preventing the audio from being heard (as you have successfully played audio from your iPhone to T7).

Do you have any other Bluetooth speakers or headphones available to test with? It will be interesting to know whether others connect and play audio from your Macbook, as this will help isolate whether the issue is with your Mac or the T7.

Kind regards,

Bowers & Wilkins Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2016 5:58 PM in response to Larisa Warnke

Hi Larisa,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with the T7, hopefully we can help you resolve this problem!

We haven't actually heard of this issue before, but it does sound as though there is a setting on the Mac preventing the audio from being heard (as you have successfully played audio from your iPhone to T7).

Do you have any other Bluetooth speakers or headphones available to test with? It will be interesting to know whether others connect and play audio from your Macbook, as this will help isolate whether the issue is with your Mac or the T7.

Kind regards,

Bowers & Wilkins Support

Bowers & Wilkins T7 Bluetooth Speaker Connected, no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.