Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod has the error message - verification failed , error connecting to the apple id server

when i try to launch apps eg instagram,snapchat etc i get the message there was an error connecting to the apple id server? i can use safari and browse fine.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 3:30 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2016 4:47 PM in response to georgiaap

Does this happen when you try to launch any apps that you downloaded? Or does the error message pop up even when you launch preinstalled apps? Try the following steps:

1. Tap settings.
  2. Scroll down and tap app and iTunes stores.
  3. Tap your Apple Id.
  4. Sign out and sign back in.
  5. Try downloading an app from the app store.
  6. If the error message still pops up try connecting to a wifi network at your location.
  7. If your iPod was previously connected to the network, reset your network settings.
  8. Search for another app in the app store and try downloading it.
  9. Reset your iPod touch. Nothing will be lost.
  10. The only thing that might be lost is your network settings. Reconnect to the Wifi network again.
  11. See this discussion thread for more information: Varification failed: There was an error connecting to the Apple Id server.

Good luck!

my ipod has the error message - verification failed , error connecting to the apple id server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.