Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What apps on Apple TV are supported by Charter

What apps on Apple Tv are supported by Charter?

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 3:29 PM

16 replies

Feb 4, 2017 3:41 PM in response to Sinaloense951

How about iTUNES "MOVIES"??

For the last two days I have not been able to download any iTUNES movies. I get the spinning gear of death for 10 min or more punctuated with a dialog box that tells me to go turn down the resolution on my TV. I called Charter, and of course they said to call Apple. This is nuts.

1) I tried to download a movie on the regular Apple TV movies area. FAILED

2) I tried to download a movie on NETFLIX from Apple TV. FAILED

3) I tried to download the same movie as (2) on my Samsung app for NETFLIX, SUCCEED.

This tells me the problem is not in my Apple dear Brutus, but in my CHARTER!

I am a really unhappy camper now, but don't know what to try even!

jon

Feb 4, 2017 6:44 PM in response to JonSticklen

iTunes Movies and Netflix would be completely unrelated to your Cable Tv service through Charter. They use your internet connection and have no relation to cable TV

And unless Charter is providing your Internet service, I'm not entirely sure how Charter would be at fault.

Is your Samsung device (where you were successful in downloading a movie on Netflix) connected to the same Wifi network as the Apple TV?

What exactly happened when you tried to get a movie on the Apple Tv? How did it fail? Was there an error? If so what was it?

Oct 16, 2017 3:31 AM in response to MontoMike

Disappointing is too mild. I live in the UP of Michigan and suffer with everyone else with Charter. On weekend nights getting an Apple TV movie to load takes tens of minutes. What a surprise- Charter OnDemand movies load immediately.

With net neutrality down the tube (no pun) I am surprised Apple TV works at all when Charter is the internet provider.

The word is not “disappointing”. It’s !]€£¥ $$ monopoly. And if something is not done about it nothing like Apple TV has a bright future. Until/unless people pool and tell the current government that net neutrality is what we need and what we want.

-jon

Nov 21, 2016 6:03 AM in response to Sinaloense951

As of this date, some of the more popular Charter Spectrum supported apps include: NBC, FOXNOW, CBS, FXNOW, TBS, TNT, E! NOW, ABC, BRAVONOW, NATGEOTV, USANOW, THE CW, Hallmark Channel, and SyFyNOW...

Not currently supported: FoodNetwork, HGTV, Lifetime, AMC, Comedy Central, VH1, MTV, History, Spike, A&E, DiscoveryGO, TLC GO...

Note: Some limited content may be available without your Charter Spectrum sign-in and some networks offer access to their content through monthly subscriptions.

What apps on Apple TV are supported by Charter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.