Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 6S earphones keep falling out of ear

Just bought my first iPhone. 6S.

I'm learning all about the phone but am EXTREMELY disappointed in the total uselessness of the earphones. They do not stay inside my ear for more than 10 minutes before falling out. They also fall out at the slightest tug of the cable.

What are some solutions to make the current iPhone earphones work I just spent about $900 on my iPhone. I don't want to start shelling out money for different pair.

Surely I'm not the only person who's encountered this.

Thanks,

B

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1, earphones

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 3:50 PM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2016 4:07 PM in response to bobbymak

They're $30 headphones with no interchangeable earbuds. As ears are unique, they're not going to fit everyone. I've been giving away the head phones that come with my iPhones for years as, mostly they fall out and when they don't, they hurt. Also, I don't think they sound very good.

Some people have had success by turning the buds upside down so that the cord points up and then looping over their ear, front to back.

My wired headphones are a pair of Etymotic ER6i's I've had for years. Well worth the $80 I spent on them. The don't fall out when I run and they're comfortable enough to use as earplugs when I travel.

Forum note: You can only edit your post within 15 minutes of submitting it.

Apr 26, 2016 4:18 PM in response to bobbymak

There are dozens of earbuds available for a variety of price points. I use a pair of Bose FORS5s that I love. In addition, you can try something like this:

I used a pair of these on the standard Apple included earbuds for quite a while and found they worked well.

http://www.sprngclip.com/products/sprng-clip

But no, the single size pair that comes with them does not work well for everyone, which is not at all surprising.

May 6, 2016 1:39 PM in response to bobbymak

After much searching on the net, here are the solutions I implemented. I bought everything on Amazon. Best Buy, PC Richard and some local PC shops all agreed with me on the poor earpod fit but not one store sold any of the products needed to remedy the problem.

1. I purchased earskinz which are a rubberized covering for the earpods. They make the pods less slippery and help them stay in the ear canal. They were a challenge to place on the earpods but once on, they fit snugly in the ear.

2. I also bought EarBudi Flex. This is an over-the-ear soft plastic spine which the entire earpod clips into. This in conjunction with the earskinz are working. The spine of the EarBudi Flex sits over the ear with the pods placed in the ear.

However... just in case the above didn't work. I also purchased.

3. DigiHero which are rubberized jackets similar to the EarSkinz (above) but are not a complete covering for the pods, just a small portion of the earpods are covered. I have not yet used these because solutions 1 and 2 above are currently working.

4. I also purchased "Earplus Cover for Apple EarPods" These looked strange and I haven't used them but in case my current configuration doesn't work, I'll have this to fall back on.

Hope this helps everyone out there.

New iPhone 6S earphones keep falling out of ear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.