Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 battery dying when phone is at room temperature

Hi I recently have been having issues with my old iPhone 4 and im getting a new phone in august but i want to make the most of it right now so i have been having this issue: My phone shuts off randomly and wont turn on. I have tries battery calibration and i have found out it will turn on when i heat it up with something like a heat pad. I want to know if its because the lithium ion battery heat sensory thing is indicating too cold beacuse the battery is old (6 years) but i just want a fix so i can use it for these 3 months

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 4:17 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2016 4:22 PM in response to Th3Execution3r

More than likely the issue is that the battery is just failing, due to age. Unless you are getting a screen indication that the device is too hot or too cold, I don't see an issue with that. You can get Apple to run their battery checkup online. If you go to Support, you can go through the checklist regarding the battery, and they will send you an email with a link that will provide information to Apple about the battery condition and they send back a status report.

iPhone 4 battery dying when phone is at room temperature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.