Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LP 9 with 10.8.5 ?

Does anyone know if LP 9 [Studio] will work with OSX 10.8.5 ? I'm using LP 9 at present with Snow Leopard 10.6 on a Mac Pro.

I've got a little mess happening with an IPad mini 2 that won't sync anymore with my Itunes 11.1 'cause SL is not current enough.

Don't want to upgrade one thing ......then find something else isn't compatible !

Any comments appreciated !

Braden

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 3:16 PM

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

6 replies

Apr 26, 2016 6:21 PM in response to ch79431

If you updated the iPad over wifi rather than through Tunes, you ought to be able to sync it using iTunes 11.4. However, if you applied the iOS 9 update through Tunes, you won't be able to sync the iPad without "upgrading" to iTunes 12, which would also mean an OS "upgrade". There are alternatives to using Tunes for syncing your iDevices:

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/how-to-sync-iphone-without-itunes-on-mac

This one appears to work with OS 10.6.8:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

Despite the name, their FAQ says it also works with iPads and iPod Touches.

Keep in mind that you don't have to burn your bridges with an OS upgrade. Install the new OS on a different drive and try it out. Leave yourself the safety net of still having your current working system intact.

Apr 27, 2016 5:06 PM in response to kahjot

Thx for that Kahjot. Too late for me though...😝 I think I upgraded with WiFi..... but when I try to sync to IT it says I have to upgrade to a higher version of IT...which requires a higher OS, as you say.

So.....if I used WiFi to update, it SHOULD still synch....but doesn't....

Shouldn't have bothered upgrading anything on IPad....

I've found an App to get around the immediate problem but will also check out the links you posted.

Many thanks !

Braden

LP 9 with 10.8.5 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.