Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps and Location issues with iOS 9.3.1

so it seems that some iPhones have been affected by the latest update 9.3.1 when using Maps and Location services.

since my update to the new 9.3.1 iOS, both of my MAP APPS no longer work.

i went to the Verizon store and they said they had 6 other customers with the same issue this week come into the store, but could not assist or had a solution. they said it was an issue with the new ios

Ok, I would be happy to take a look at it with you. What seems to be going on?

well when i enter an address into MAPS or GOOGLE MAPS it randomly drops a pin for my location no where near where i really am.

it will say that the destination is located and then all the apps do is state they are "loading"

then the maps just freeze up and there is no realtime gps or the "you are here" dot never moves...

Ok, so the location is never loading and if it does it doesn’t update to become accurate?

correct

and even when i hit the arrow to recenter or start the directions again... it just freezes or tries to load...

and then will never give actual directions... because my original location on the maps ... is miles away from where i really am... or has me dropped in the middle of a wooded area etc

Ok, thank you. I know how important it is for Maps to work properly! I would be eager to have that fixed too.

i have completely deleted the Google maps app and reinstalled it.... with no fix.... same issues

This is an issue we have seen happen from time to time after this update. In some cases a full restore to factory settings and then restoring a backup to the phone has fixed it. Otherwise this is going to be a bug issue that is released with the 9.3.2 update that should hopefully be released soon.

i have also backed up my phone and deleted everything with a factory reset....

still had the same issues after that

even after reset and reloading the iOS again... nothing works

Ok, so it sounds like yours is going to be one that will have to wait for the 9.3.2 update with the bug fixes for the location and accuracy.

so it does not mater if i purchase another maps app? still going to have the same issues with gps and location?

You can definitely try as they each have different compatibility requirements but we’ve found that most of these cases are related to the location services on the phone itself.

and i can't get rid of the 9.3.1 iOS version? and go back to the older version?

If you had a backup of a previous version, you could restore and then use the old backup. You would just lose any current data that you have.

hmmm.... so it is the actually phone... as three of my friends who have an iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 6 have no issues...?!?! just me...

It’s not with every phone. It has been an intermittent case so far. There hasn’t been any rhyme or reason as to why certain phones have had issues with the location after the update.

hmmm

so no solution... and just live with it until a new iOS comes out, and who knows how long that will be....

I know that the update is being worked on as it contains bug fixes for a few different issues. I don’t have an exact date though, I’m sorry.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1, MAPS AND GOOGLE MAPS

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 6:46 PM

5 replies

Maps and Location issues with iOS 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.