Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

everytime i try to sign in on FaceTime is never works

hi , i have a mac air 13 inch .. i've used FaceTime on it several times . one day i signed out and since then every time i try to sign in it never works HELP PLEASE !!

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 6:34 PM

8 replies

Apr 25, 2016 1:27 PM in response to larissa509

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved.

1. Quit the application. Force quit if necessary.

Relaunch it by holding down the shift key and clicking its icon. That action will prevent the last window state from being reloaded.

2. If a McAfee "anti-virus" product is installed, remove it by following these instructions.

Note that if you have already tried to uninstall the software, you may have to reinstall it in order to finish the job. If you have a different version of the product, the procedure may be different.

Back up all data before making any changes. Never install any "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software again.

3. If you synchronize Contacts with one or more network services such as iCloud or Google, please disable all the contact accounts in the iCloud and/or Internet Accounts pane of System Preferences. When prompted to confirm, choose to delete the contacts from the Mac. They'll still be on the servers and on your other devices.

Log out or restart the computer.

If the problem is now resolved, re-enable the accounts one at a time, wait for the network contacts to reappear, and test after each step.

Credit for this observation to ASC member tomconrad.

everytime i try to sign in on FaceTime is never works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.