Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why dont i have animation effects like line draw and trace animation if i have keynote version 6.6.1?

Why are there missing animation effects in my keynote version 6.6.1? I read online about trace animation and line draw but have no special effects like these in my animation menu.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 2:45 AM

Effects are "context aware", meaning the available effects change dependant on the object selected.

Trace and line draw only work with vector based objects.

• to use line draw, select a line object on the slide from the shapes menu then apply the shape
  • to use trace, select a text box or a shape on the slide then apply the effect

User uploaded file User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2016 2:45 AM in response to ghymanson

Effects are "context aware", meaning the available effects change dependant on the object selected.

Trace and line draw only work with vector based objects.

• to use line draw, select a line object on the slide from the shapes menu then apply the shape
  • to use trace, select a text box or a shape on the slide then apply the effect

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Why dont i have animation effects like line draw and trace animation if i have keynote version 6.6.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.