Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Secure network connection was terminated unexpectedly?

Attempting to upgrade software and enable sharing on my home network. In attempting to update software in iTunes, I got the following error message:

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. The secure network connection was terminated unexpectedly.

Im also getting a secondary error that states I cannot purchase the update for the app "There is not enough memory available"

Not really sure what either of these errors mean, as i have plenty of hard drive space, and ram. What other memory is unavailable?
Also, what secure connection? I have no problem with any other internet feature on my desktop, only itunes seems to have a problem.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro Desktop, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Apr 24, 2016 8:29 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2016 7:00 AM in response to ntcrawler

Greetings ntcrawler,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are receiving a couple of different errors when you try to run an update in iTunes on your Mac. We know that situations like this can be frustrating, but we’re here to help.

In this situation, there may be a couple of different issues going on.

The first error you receive is about not being able to connect to the iTunes Store. For this situation, I recommend reading over and working through the following article.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

For the second alert you are receiving, I recommend the steps from the next article.

Advanced steps for fixing issues with iTunes Store connection - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Secure network connection was terminated unexpectedly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.