Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot change apple id to my @icloud.com address

hi there,

i am using an old gmail-address as login for apple id and for all icloud-services. I want to change it. I have a @icloud.com mailaddress which I would like to use for my apple id and as a login for all icloud services. But I cannot change it at the apple id page. Apple doesn't seem to accept icloud addresses. But this would be strange. Anyone who can assist me here? thank you very much, Danny

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 2:07 AM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2016 9:00 AM in response to mail9000

Hi mail9000,

I understand you want to change the email address associated with your Apple ID. You can do that, but it cannot be an @icloud.com address. Did you change your Gmail email address to a different account? Do you have an email address provided by your internet service provider? The address used for your Apple ID is typically the email address you use the most. Here is some additional information:

About your Apple ID email addresses

Change your Apple ID

Manage your Apple ID account information

Take care,

Apr 28, 2016 2:44 AM in response to judysings

Hi judysings,

thanks for your reply. However I do not understand, why I cannot use my existing icloud-email-address.

When you look at the screenshot here: Mit Ihrer Apple-ID auf einem neuen Gerät anmelden - Apple Support

You can see an icloud-address as an apple-id login. So why is it not working in my case? Really strange.

I only want to use my icloud-email-address and want to delete all my other email-accounts.(to keep things easy, tidy and clear).

thank you again,

Danny

May 4, 2016 1:32 PM in response to mail9000

You could set up forwarding from the ID address (make sure this facility is available before committing to one) to your @icloud.com address. However you may want to retain the messages at the ID address: remember that if you get a situation which prevents you accessing your @icloud.com address - for example needing to reset your password - Apple wouldn't be able to contact you if emails only go to that.

cannot change apple id to my @icloud.com address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.