Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

searching for signal

my iphone 5s suddenly lost signal and always searching , what should I do? then after i reset my phone, I can't do the activation iphone? please help ios 9.1.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 1:27 AM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2016 8:20 AM in response to toms23

Hello toms23,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that your iPhone is unable to connect to a cellular network and is only displaying "Searching". In order to get this issue resolved I suggest that you follow through the troubleshooting provided in the link below.

If you can‘t connect to a cellular network or cellular data

Take care.

Apr 29, 2016 7:06 AM in response to gunit00

gunit00 wrote:

This is a very generic response.

We need answers that work and not some trouble shooting link ( which suggests stuff any layman has already done).

I am have the same exact issue!

Sorry that you feel that way, but it is an appropriate response. No one here is going to be able to "fix" your phone over the Internet with very little information to go on. Referencing an Apple document about how to start is completely appropriate.

If that set of troubleshooting steps yields no solution and no additional information, then take the phone to an Apple store for testing.

As a point of reference, the steps in that troubleshooting guide are not what any layperson would have already done - that is why they are in a tech article. A layperson would do exactly what the OP did - restart the phone, check for full charge, and maybe reset it to factory defaults and see if it works with no data or configuration on it.

Apr 29, 2016 7:15 AM in response to ember1205

"iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1 stuck in searching mode."

I don't know what more info you need to get the picture? I layperson googles this issue before posting on a forum. We all do this. So, that is why I hate generic, i.e. restart/reset your phone, responses.

I wish I had not upgraded my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS. I might need to spend hundreds on new phone due to this software glitch. Frustrating to say the least.

Apr 29, 2016 10:12 AM in response to ember1205

My friend, you are very content with how things work here. I get it. But I am not going make another thread when there are many discussions about this very topic. "iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1 stuck in searching mode." . Another discussion will NOT help our situation. That would create fragmentation. I think Apple techs should actually help out there customers. Not fanboys who biased towards Apple.

I know I am coming across as a bit abrasive, but I am just being honest.

searching for signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.