Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling split-view for individual apps

HI, is there a way to disable the slide over / split view feature for apps individually? It's a great multitasking feature but I have about 250 apps installed on my iPad and of those 250 about 50 now support multitasking. I only use about 5 apps for multitasking simultaneously so switching from one app to another is really a tedious time wasting action now that will only get worse as more and more apps support multitasking.

After digging through settings and doing a few searches I don't think this is an option yet but I havent been able to confirm and thought I'd ask.

If this isn't an option now hopefully Apple will address it soon because it seems like every week there are more and more apps to scroll through to get to Mail, Safari or messages. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll also include an option to sort apps within the switcher and include folders so this isn't an issue.

Thanks for any info on the issue you might have.

IPad mini 4

ios 9.3.1

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 5:18 AM

2 replies

Disabling split-view for individual apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.