Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook receive bad wifi signal

I got the new macbook two months ago, since it's new, it receive bad wifi signal.

By that I mean, the signal bar is full but cannot open a webpage. If I reconnect it, it will work but within few minutes, it won't open anything again.

I know the signal in my room is bad, but in the same condition, my IPad works perfectly and my old macbook pro works perfectly. Is that mean the new macbook uses bad wifi receiver??? In that case, Apple should sell this macbook for this price.

I called the apple expert but did not help anything.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 4:37 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2016 5:54 AM in response to kikilee0217

It may not be the WiFi signal, but something else.

Can you do following:

hold the Alt(option) key while clicking (and holding) the WiFi icon on the menubar when you see the list underneath let go of the Alt(option) key, the list should stay there, then make a screen grab of that list and post it here. Or make a picture with your phone, email the picture to yourself then post that picture here.

Apr 25, 2016 6:41 AM in response to kikilee0217

Lexiepex is right in suggesting that you gather some information about the WiFi signal strength and share it with us.

For a lot more information including some guidance in interpreting the numbers you get from the option (alt) menubar icon, you could read this rather lengthy support article: Use Wireless Diagnostics to help you resolve Wi-Fi issues on your Mac - Apple Support

These (below) are most of the Wireless Best Practices that come at the end of the diagnostic testing. The missing one is Configure Your Network to Use a Unique Network Name.

User uploaded file

You didn't mention what sort of router you are using. That might be helpful information.

dick glendon

New Macbook receive bad wifi signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.