Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New IPhone SE not syncing to Macbook Pro

My new I Phone SE will not aync to my Macbook Pro. The error message states that my phone cannot sync to i tunes as it requires a new version of i tumes. I currently have version 12.2.2 and have tried to update but the Mac says there are no updates for i tunes available as I have the current version. V frustrated!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), I Phone SE

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 8:14 AM

The current version of iTunes is 12.3.3

You may need to upgrade the OS on your Mac - which OS is that?

5 replies

May 3, 2016 3:19 AM in response to ManSinha

That's right. You need at least Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) to install iTunes 12.3.3, but your MacBook may not support it.

I'm on the same boat: my late-2007 MacBook can't be upgraded to Mountain Lion, which means I can't upgrade iTunes, which therefore means I can't connect my iPhone SE to it and transfer my music.

This is clearly a decision by Apple to render old MacBooks obsolete. The changes between iTunes 12.2.2 and 12.2.3 are minimal. It just adds support for the new devices. It wouldn't have been a huge stretch for Apple to build iTunes 12.2.3 to run on Lion.

The irony is that I now had to install the new version of iTunes on a Windows PC so I can actually use my iPhone SE. Way to go, Apple!

New IPhone SE not syncing to Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.