Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having display issues with my macbook air, early 2015 version. when i turn my macbook on, after entraining the password and pressing enter three lines (not really lines they look more like lightning bolts coming from the top of the screen appear) in

having display issues with my macbook air, early 2015 version. when i turn my macbook on, after entraining the password and pressing enter three lines (not really lines they look more like lightning bolts coming from the top of the screen appear) in the colours blue, green and red.

also when i turn my laptop off just before the screen comes back on the top of the screen this 2 and a half inch thick green line appears and goes in about a second.

help anyone?

thanks

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 3:39 AM

Howdy isuri de zoysia,

It sounds like your display is showing some graphical anomalies when you log into your user. I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article about troubleshooting displays:

restart your Mac in safe mode to reset the display resolution to defaults.

If starting in safe mode doesn't resolve the issue, reset your Mac's NVRAM and SMC to reset the video ports on your Mac to their defaults.

From: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 3:39 AM in response to isuri de zoysia

Howdy isuri de zoysia,

It sounds like your display is showing some graphical anomalies when you log into your user. I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article about troubleshooting displays:

restart your Mac in safe mode to reset the display resolution to defaults.

If starting in safe mode doesn't resolve the issue, reset your Mac's NVRAM and SMC to reset the video ports on your Mac to their defaults.

From: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

having display issues with my macbook air, early 2015 version. when i turn my macbook on, after entraining the password and pressing enter three lines (not really lines they look more like lightning bolts coming from the top of the screen appear) in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.