Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3 - Random Dropouts on Instrument Tracks

Hi,

I have a huge problem regarding my Mainstage, as it has become quite horrible and unsteady specially during live events.

I have a loaded several patches for the concert in my patch list and randomly some tracks simply stop working so I have to refresh the channel strip in order to make it work and it would work for a couple of seconds before randomly stopping. I have no idea why though.

I did some speculations on what this might happen. I have noticed:

- this is happening primeraly in Logic X / Mainstage instruments (RetroSynth, E-Piano...)

- noticed that it first started on Maschine 2 as an insert on track (even when I had it in Workspace (going to all patches)

- restarting Mainstage does not solve the problem whatsoever

- it's really difficult to pinpoint the problem since this is random (at days almost everything will work, at some almost every patch will behave differently)

- this is mostly comming from my Samson keyboard (connected via MIDI cable to my audio card) my digital piano is connected to USB and works fine.

- also weirdly enough I have noticed this going on just for one musical group that I'm playing. The other project I haven't yet noticed any issues.

I'm using:

Mainstage 3.2.4.

Apple OSX 10.10.5

Logic 10.0.7

Does anyone know what I should do? I'm seriously thinking of quitting Mainstage for good, its just so unstable.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do as I don't even know what I should google to find answers.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 9:02 AM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2016 8:44 AM in response to guitarbow89

Check all your drivers and software instruments for updates. This can sometimes solve problems like a bolt from the heavens.

Disable multiprocesser support in the instrument preferences. Let MainStage handle that.

Disable Spotlight indexing on all drives. This can cause random problems is it decides to index files that are changing in the course of performance.

Can you try an alternate connection from the Samson to MainStage, even just for troubleshooting?

Consider updating your OS, unless you're holding off for a particular reason.

May 10, 2016 5:47 PM in response to guitarbow89

Have you gotten any answers on this? I feel like I'm having the same issue...and I'm pretty sure it started happening after I updated to 3.2.4. I'll be playing and then all the sudden the sound will drop out, and like you said it's always random so that I cannot find what the actual issue is. It's driving me crazy!! Definitely considering not using the program anymore because it's so unpredictable live.

Mainstage 3 - Random Dropouts on Instrument Tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.