Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manage my ipad and iphone without itunes?

I need help, please. I don't have a home PC or laptop. I did have a work PC that I had itunes installed on it until last week when I was laid off.

I recently purchased an Apple iPad Air 2 64G. I do not plan on buying a personal PC/laptop. I have a few questions.

How can I unauthorize my old work PC from my account?

If I don't buy a personal PC is it possible to manage my iPad Air 2 and iPhone without having iTunes loaded on a PC/laptop to sync with?

Thank you,

Kevin D

iPad Air, null

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:30 AM

You don’t need physical access to a computer to deauthorize the computer but I think you do need to have a computer to do so. I don’t think you can deauthorize a computer from the iPad. I can’t see any way to do so. It requires access to the iTunes application. You may be able to have Apple do it by calling AppleCare or if you have a friend/relative with a computer you could use their computer to do it. You’d have to temporarily authorize you account on that computer, select Store, View Account, and from there you could deauthorize the computer - and then sign out of the borrowed computer.

You can pretty much get along without a computer today but you’ll probably want to make sure you have enough iCloud space to back up your device(s) to the cloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 11:30 AM in response to jkevind63

You don’t need physical access to a computer to deauthorize the computer but I think you do need to have a computer to do so. I don’t think you can deauthorize a computer from the iPad. I can’t see any way to do so. It requires access to the iTunes application. You may be able to have Apple do it by calling AppleCare or if you have a friend/relative with a computer you could use their computer to do it. You’d have to temporarily authorize you account on that computer, select Store, View Account, and from there you could deauthorize the computer - and then sign out of the borrowed computer.

You can pretty much get along without a computer today but you’ll probably want to make sure you have enough iCloud space to back up your device(s) to the cloud.

How to manage my ipad and iphone without itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.