Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to export to ANYTHING on iMovie

hello! I'm experiencing some trouble exporting my movie on iMovie on iPhone 6s with newest version of iOS 9. I've tried exporting my 3:12 minute movie to messages, email, camera roll, youtube, etc, and nothing works. it keeps telling me that there is an error, but it doesn't get any more specific than that. I have 590 mb of space on my phone, which I assume is enough to save a video only 3 minutes long.

help? thank you.

iMovie (iOS), iOS 9.3.1, iPhone 6s

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 12:39 PM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2017 9:11 AM in response to Cheeriish

If the video gets stuck while you play it in iMovie, then perhaps remove the clip/photo causing the issue, it may be corrupt.

If the movie is playing fine in iMovie, there is no issue with the individual photos/videos, the problem may be with the project file (*.imoviemobile file). Which is causing it not to complete the export and gives an error.

Try this:

- plug phone in to PC using cable and open iTunes.

- open iMovie app on phone, press on projects, then your movie, press the square with arrow UP icon, press itunes, press iMovie Project. This will transfer your project file to iTunes.

- go in to your connected phone in iTunes on PC, on the left click Apps. You will see your phones pages. scroll all the way down to the File Sharing section, under apps click iMovie, you will see your file there. Save it to desktop, rename the file, then add it back in. Now you will have 2 files, original file and renamed file.

- go to iMovie app in phone, press on projects, press square with arrow DOWN icon, press iTunes on bottom and import the NEW filename into iMovie app.

- export the new file to camera roll

Sep 28, 2017 3:13 PM in response to nk1011

I have the same issue on desktop. Trying to export a 13mins iMovie clip (hd version is 431MB, medium size 59,8MB). I tried every share option via iMovie. Options were sharing via email, vine, youtube, facebook or itunes. I easily converted iMovie file into mp4. format, but struggle then becomes exporting mp4. format via using above options again. Also I tried exporting to iCloud. It has been nearly 18 hrs and it hasn't been uploaded to iCloud yet. Another clip of 12mins from last week has also not been uploaded to icloud yet. Not to mention both iMovie clip work fine when to play them on iMovie.

Because email attachment is over 250 MB (hd version) my iCloud account suggested to send it using Mail Drop. After 4 hrs of outbox queuing I received the notification 'Unable to send attachment with Mail Drop. Please try again later'. wondering what went wrong, even medium sized clip is not being shared...

Finally, I tried to attach mp4 clip to iMessage, My receiver just confirmed on delivery, again 4 hrs later i hit to send. So in case you struggle with the same iMessage can comes in handy, but not an quick option, still.

Is there scalable and easier option to export these clips? 18 hrs and still counting is pretty disappointing. I am wondering how it goes with 2 hrs movies or longer?

Pinar

Unable to export to ANYTHING on iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.