Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting rid of pc

getting rid of pc, will only have ipad / apple tv 4. what happens to my music library? can i access it on any wifi? do i need match?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 12:30 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2016 12:33 PM in response to Mrpopeil

If your music library resides on the PC, and you do not have Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription then you will no longer have access to your library.

Your library should always exist= on a computer and be backed up to an external drive. You should not rely on Apple Music or iTunes Match alone to store your music. What happens if Apple discontinues the services?

Also iPads are not designed to be the sole location for music libraries. always keep a copy on a computer at least.

Why are you getting rid of the PC?

Even a cheap PC that can run iTunes is better than nothing.

Apr 25, 2016 12:38 PM in response to Phil0124

already have iphones, ipad, apple tv, and do not use the PC much. work all day on a PC, when i go home, have no need to get on the thing. When I do use it, updates to windows, updates to anti virus, updates to itunes, updates up the ash. tired of it. other than the occasional IOS update, the ipads just work. so want to get away from PC at home.

So no alternative to having PC or Mac to keep itunes library? I can deal with this, just looking to simplify and cut down on devices.

getting rid of pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.