Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Backup option greyed out on iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Pro

iCloud Backup option greyed out on iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Pro. Both are running iOS 9.3.1.

Anyone else have the same problems?

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 12:56 PM

8 replies

Jul 22, 2017 2:07 PM in response to Bhavna Choraria

I sync a lot of files on iBooks (PDFs) via iCloud and this morning I went to look for one and it had gone from my phone. My investigations took me to look at iCloud back-up and that was greyed out. Lots more investigating and I found that my iPad Air had also lost all the PDFs in iBooks and also back-up greyed out. However my new iPad Pro was not greyed out. The last couple of posts have given me the probable cause. My iPhone and iPad Air have work email (Blackberry) on them and the iPad Pro does not. Last week they did a major upgrade and looking at the last back-ups that when it happened. I suspect this was intended and added as an additional security measure. Major headache for me unless it can be resolved. I will investigate next week.

iCloud Backup option greyed out on iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.