Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod has been detected but cannot be identified properly-HELP

So, less than a month ago I bought an iPod nano 7th gen, and when I bought it, it was fine and I uploaded all my music to it. Tonight I have gone to add some more music and I get the following error message- 'An iPod has been detected, but could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, and then try again.'

I have tried the following:

-Reconnecting device, and tried every USB port.

-Restarting my PC

-Uninstalling and reinstalling every single Apple product on my PC

-Going into device manager and checking for driver updates

-Going into C:/ >Program Files>Common Files>Apple>Mobile Device Support>Drivers>usbaapl64>install

All to no avail -_-

I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

Any help is really appreciated, thank you in advance 🙂

iPod nano (7th generation, Mid 2015), Windows 10

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 4:12 PM

Uninstalling and reinstalling every single Apple product on my PC

Try doing this again, following the procedure in this Apple document. It lists all the components of an iTunes installation, and the precise order to uninstall them, and steps to confirm everything was removed

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Then, download and reinstall the latest version of iTunes

https://www.apple.com/itunes/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2016 4:12 PM in response to Heathern93

Uninstalling and reinstalling every single Apple product on my PC

Try doing this again, following the procedure in this Apple document. It lists all the components of an iTunes installation, and the precise order to uninstall them, and steps to confirm everything was removed

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Then, download and reinstall the latest version of iTunes

https://www.apple.com/itunes/

iPod has been detected but cannot be identified properly-HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.