Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple gave me a refurbished battery, doesn't last as long anymore

Okay, so over the summer, my macbook started shutting down/restarting by itself. I took it to the apple store and they fixed the logic board and something else in the hardware. As a bonus, they replaced my battery, but I believe it was refurbished (the receipt is not with me at this moment). Since then, my battery that used to last like 16-18 hours, started lasting only about 11-13 hours, which was still okay, because it would last me the whole school day.

But ever since I upgraded to El Capitan a few months ago, the most the battery lasts is about 6 hours.

Would I need a copy of receipt or would Apple still have this on file, considering this was done 8 months ago.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 2:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2016 2:54 PM in response to xoxoyazyxoxo

You will need to deal directly with Apple. We are only users. Please contact them about your problem or go back to your local Apple Store. Yes, you will need your receipt.

You can make an appointment at the Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar and take it in for service. You can also look for an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

apple gave me a refurbished battery, doesn't last as long anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.