Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Image Utility not making .Plist files

I cannot wrap my brain around this. I have been making .NBI's for years and have never seen this. Every time I create a new .NBI with OS X Server 5.2 (the current version) it won't make the Plist file for me. Not a real big issue, I wrote a custom one using a template from 10.10.4.nbi plist file. Problem is that it MAYBE works 25% of the time (the other being freezing or pick your issue) and the times it does work it is painfully slow to boot like in the ten minute range. All machines net booting are on same switch using 2013 27" iMac 12g ram and 128g SSD hosting the .NBI files. All makes of machine are open to boot with no restrictions. Method is NFS setup.

Help!!

iMac, OS X Server

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 4:18 PM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2016 2:04 PM in response to Brian Nesse

In line with your suggestion I decided to do a complete wipe out using the following method

ok....it was a length process....started here....https://static.afp548.com/mactips/index.html

after reading that, removed ALL .NBI's to separate drive.

wiped aforementioned drive and re initialized

turn off net boot

transfer storage in net install locations to any other location (i used the local drive)

turn net boot on....wait and go do stuff...eat lunch what ever

turn net boot off

reset the aforementioned external drive to the storage locations for images and client data

have SIU create new netrestore/netinstall .nbi’s directly to newly formatted drive

turn on net install

verify all that blasted work

Apr 28, 2016 9:09 PM in response to ryguy92000

OK so theres an update, After several successful netboot to 10.11.4 restore I am back to the same issue. BUT I now have a consistent fail point for virtually every netboot instance.

AppleLPC ::notifyPlatformASPM ASPM callback registered

if the computer(s) freeze here its time to start over, but passing this line and it works fine.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this is. The three machines tested range in year and spec but are 2011-2012 13" MBP.

Oddly if I unplug the Bluetooth board it will SOMETIMES boot.

System Image Utility not making .Plist files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.