Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix OTHER Pass code for Ipod

So I recently reset my Ipod 5 because I dont know, I just wanted to. And I was also deleting my current email and I changed my appleid from my old email to my new one. So I dont know if that has to tie in with this but for some reason when I want to sign into my Apple Account, I sign in, it sends a verification code to my phone but when I get to the next step, it says:
Enter Passcode For Other iPod:
Access to your account is protected by the passcode for "My Name's iPod". Your passcode is encrypted and cannot be read by Apple.

So I tried the new passcode I made right after I reset the whole iPod. Doesn't work, I tried the old passcode before I reset it and it does't work. The thing is, this iPod is my only Apple Device because I dont LOVE apple and have everything apple. So I would be able to enter the passcode for my OTHER "OTHER" iPod since I dont have another one, This is really frustrating and just a pain, especially late at night. So I really need to resolve this quickly or I'll break the iPod... lol.

Thanks, Jp

P.S IM NOT sure what category this goes in so I put accessories. There should be an AppleId or Settings Category or something.
Also, Apple needs to get their you know what together, like seriously.

iPod touch, iOS 9.3, Idk.

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 6:28 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2016 6:40 AM in response to MistuhJp

Hello MistuhJp,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues signing into your Apple ID because it is asking for the passcode for your iPod. This sounds like you have two-step verification set up for your Apple ID. The following article answers some of the most common questions regarding two-step verification:

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

For your question, the following seem most relevant:

What if I lose or give away one of my trusted devices?

If you no longer have access to one of your devices, go to your Apple ID account page as soon as possible to remove that device from your list of trusted devices. That device can then no longer be used to help verify your identity.

What if I no longer have access to any of my trusted devices?

If you can't access any of your trusted devices, you can still access your account using your password and Recovery Key. You should then verify a new trusted device as soon as possible.

Best regards.

How to fix OTHER Pass code for Ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.