Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not receiving notifications

Facetime is not receiving notifications and I am missing calls from my grandchildren. i have been reading the help pages and have tried everything to no avail.

i have iPad air 2 with the current update 9.3.1. I have tried resetting iPad, restarting, checked all my settings, my volume is up, my notifications is set to allow notifications even on lock screen, my do not disturb is shut off, however could someone explain this to me....in the do not disturb tab, I do not have it turned on, however at the bottom of the page it says silence then you have to choose either always or whenever iPad is locked, does this apply even if I do not have do not disturb turned on ? I have to choose one I do not have an options to leave it blank.

in notifications I even have it checked to allow badge icons ,sound and banner. I even reset my router. I also have an iPod so I checked and have been trying to figure this out, when I facetime myself it will not ring in on my iPad Air 2. I have also made sure I have the correct date and time, I have also signed out and restarted and signed back in.

is is there something I'm missing? this has only been since the latest update. I would appreciate any help as I missing FaceTime with my grandchildren that are on the west coast and I am on the east.

Thank you

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 8:44 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2016 7:29 AM in response to xboxlady

Hi xboxlady,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having an issue receiving FaceTime calls and you have already completed a lot of great troubleshooting. Just to ensure all relevant steps have been completed, I recommend reading over and working through the suggested steps from the following article.

If you can't make or receive FaceTime calls

If none of the above reasons apply to you, and you still can't make or receive FaceTime calls, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet or a cellular-data connection.
    Learn more if you're using router, firewall, or security software that restricts Internet access.
  2. If you're trying to use FaceTime over cellular, make sure that Use Cellular Data is on for FaceTime. Go to Settings > Cellular > Use Cellular Data For, and turn on FaceTime.
  3. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure FaceTime is turned on.
    • If you see "Waiting for Activation," turn FaceTime off and then on again. Learn what to do if you can't activate FaceTime.
    • If you don't see the FaceTime setting, make sure that Camera and FaceTime aren't off in Settings > General > Restrictions.
    • Make sure that you have the correct phone number or email address listed.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

Get help if you can't make or receive FaceTime calls - Apple Support

Best!

FaceTime not receiving notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.