Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a contact that is not blocked and we both have iPhones but with different carriers and for some reason the iMessage, text, SMS, FaceTime, and calls aren't going through. If they do, the responses do not get returned.

I have a contact that is not blocked and we both have iPhones but with different carriers and for some reason the iMessage, text, SMS, FaceTime, and calls aren't going through. If they do, the responses do not get returned. what can be the cause of this and how can it be fixed. It's sad when we have to communicate through Facebook Messenger and it's going on 2 year.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 7:46 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2016 6:46 AM in response to jencrane0105

Hi jencrane0105,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you continue to have issues in Messages with a specific contact, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Apr 30, 2016 2:25 PM in response to jencrane0105

Hi jencrane0105,

Thanks again for using the Apple Support Communities; I'm sorry to hear you are still having this issue. If you have gone through the above linked article completely without reaching a resolution or a direction for further troubleshooting, you may be better served by reaching out to one of Apple's other available resources for more direct assistance - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Regards

I have a contact that is not blocked and we both have iPhones but with different carriers and for some reason the iMessage, text, SMS, FaceTime, and calls aren't going through. If they do, the responses do not get returned.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.