Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Gen - iOS 9.3.1 - lightning connector issues with accessories

Has anyone seen an issue using iOS 9.3.1 on an iPod Touch 5th Gen with lightning connector peripherals? Specifically I'm using the iPod in a scanner cradle which connects via the lightning connector, up until iOS 9.3.1 the cradle was visible to the application but once it was updated the scanner lost communication to the iOS device and application. The iPod charges and connects to iTunes no problem but refuses to see the cradle, I have another iPod on an earlier iOS version which connects to the same cradle without issue.

To try and fault find I updated the iOS to 9.3.2 Beta from the developer site, this has now fixed the issue with the cradle. I can only assume Apple have broken the connection in iOS 9.3.1 ?!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2 Beta

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 11:06 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2016 12:29 AM in response to ChimKee

Sometimes an iOS update breaks compatibility with accessories. Since it works with the next beta that seems to be the cause.

All yo can do is to continue to use the beta until the that version is released to the pubic.

Have you reported the problem to Apple to make sure that the beta is not further revised to cause the same problem?

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html

iPod Touch 5th Gen - iOS 9.3.1 - lightning connector issues with accessories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.