Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.1 no service can't get cellular signal

My iPhone 6 quit being able to find a cellular signal the other day. It was running iOS 9.3.1. It says either no service or searching. I have tried restoring it, I have tried many suggested fixes, but to no avail. The wifi still works, but no cell service. Has anyone else had this problem? Any "technical" help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 9:42 PM

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings then restart your iPhone.

Then tap Settings > Cellular and make sure Cellular Data is toggled ON.

6 replies

May 1, 2016 3:57 PM in response to Lunaco

I just had this happen today. Do what Carolyn said, if that doesn't work, go to your carrier's retail store (not an "authorized reseller", an actual AT&T or Verizon...etc store) and tell them. I had my SIM deactivated by someone who used my phone number to get an "upgrade" to a phone and added the remaining balance to my bill. (it means they scammed a $1000 iphone out of a store for only $50) The AT&T salesperson recognized this and went through the process of deactivating the upgrade, cancelling their SIM and returning my account back to what I had before. They were very helpful, and even had me add an account numerical password so that it couldn't be done again. Contact your carrier when you see no service.

May 27, 2016 2:04 PM in response to Lunaco

Exact same thing happened to me. I updated the software to 9.3.1 and last weekend it started dropping signal. I should mention I'm with AT&T and that my phone never dropped signal before the software update. Now my signal is usually very low and as soon as I walk in a store I lose it completely, I can't even make a phone call.

my husband has a Samsung phone and he was in the car with me when I lost signal the very first time. His phone had full bars and great reception mine had NO SERVICE. I proceeded to restart the phone several times until the signal was back but very poor. Since then, this happened at least once a day where I couldn't complete phone calls and my reception would drop completely. The only way to get it back is by restarting the phone. To say I'm ****** off is an understatement. I bought this phone from an Apple Store directly so that I could avoid carrier attached software that I noticed they like to add to any new device. I need this to work because I didn't pay $700 for a phone only to not be able to use it when I need it. Apple needs to fix this issue ASAP!!!

Jun 20, 2016 10:21 PM in response to Lunaco

I had the sam problem here, and tried all known tricks to fix this.. sometimes resetting network settings does the trick, but often not for long.. The no service keeps coming back once or twice a day. Today just by luck (and frustration) i found a way to get signals back more quickly.. i powered off my phone and hold down the home button, and voila signal is back. This has worked several times now, and i don´t have a clue why i keep missing signals. All i know is that i did an update on operator settings, and this **** started to happened.. Of course my network operator blames my Iphone, and Apple blames my network operator and here we are as customers in the middle without signals :-)

But try this trick.. power off from a unlocked home screen and hold down home button until the power off slide disappear

iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.1 no service can't get cellular signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.