Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows for Mac

Hello I have recently qualified and I am looked to start up my own accountancy practice, I am a apple user and would like to purchase an IMac, my concerns are that some of the software I require is windows based. I don't really want to purchase a Windows pc and while searching on the web I have seen that Windows can be installed on the iMac via boot camp. Do you know if by doing this it will work exactly like a Windows pc and run all of the software without any issues(except from what you would expect from windows pc) also if by doing this I am open to effecting the apple software in anyway with viruses etc?

Thank you

iMac with Retina 5K display

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 12:23 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2016 9:18 AM in response to Gsxk3

it will work 100% like a windows pc with virus risks and all windows will not even realise it's on a mac

bootcamp is a pure dualboot when windows is chosen at bootup non of osx is active

changing between the two require a full reboot

unlike virtual machines where one can run windows in a window under osx

if you want to know more http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/best-virtualisation-app-run-windo ws-on-your-mac-boot-camp-vmware-parallels-3626493/

Windows for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.