Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used my copy of OSX MAvericks in the past but now I get an error message that the application can't be verified and to go to App Store. I did but there's no OSX MAvericks Install to download?

Used my copy of OSX MAvericks in the past but now I get an error message that the application can't be verified and to go to App Store. I did but there's no OSX MAvericks Install to download?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 1:22 AM

11 replies

Apr 26, 2016 5:43 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I did go to App Store and looked under purchases tab and the only option was OSX El Capitan but there was not OSX Mavericks. Just to mention, I was able to use my OSX Mavericks Installer on one of my computer about 9 months ago but now it gives me the error message to go to App Store and get OSX Mavericks there but it's not there to download.

Apr 26, 2016 5:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Used the links you recommended. It didn't work for me.

I rebooted from my USB bootable OSX Mavericks drive and chose OSX Mavericks 'disk utility'. When I got there I clicked on USB OSX Mavericks drive as the choice but unfortunately 'terminal' icon was greyed out and couldn't activate it in order to change to current date as instructed. I also did the same from OSX Mavericks Installer sitting on my desktop running OSX Mountain Lion but no luck.

I also went to Apps Store and couldn't find anything to unhide.

Please advise.

Apr 27, 2016 9:20 AM in response to johnnny25

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode - Mavericks

Apr 28, 2016 12:33 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for all your help. With the information you gave etc at long last it worked for me. Had to make another bootable USB drive for OSX Maverick and this time was able to get to disk utility>terminal and change the date. Had to do it twice where other fellow forum members suggested if it still doesn't work to change the date prior to Valentine's date this year. I changed it to January 1 2016 and at long last my installer is being loaded on the drive.

Thanks again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.