Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad unusable after using Wacom Tablet

After using my Wacom Intros pro graphics tablet to edit images the trackpad becomes unusable. Even when not frozen it won't work properly without a restart. This happens everytime so it's becoming a bit of a drag.

I'm using a mid-2011 iMac and OSX 10.11.4.

Would like to know how this can be fixed.

Message was edited by: gPhot added description of wacom device

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 1:49 AM

6 replies

Jan 9, 2017 7:02 PM in response to gPhot

I too have just experienced this exact problem. Running 10.11.6. on new 27" imac retina.

I just recently purchased and installed Wacom Intuos Photo tablet and latest drivers for use in Photoshop CC. Everything seemed to work fine for a couple days, Magic trackpad and keyboard worked fine alongside the tablet, even after going to sleep several times. Then I left for the day for many hours, system went to sleep, came home, woke it up and the Bluetooth trackpad and keyboard both stopped working!! It was a nightmare as I couldn't even type to logon. I then had to physically disconnect cable from tablet, restart a couple times, then the keyboard connected. But I could not get the trackpad to work at all until I removed the wacom drivers/setup utility! Interference is not the issue here as the tablet is only usb connected.

I now have the kb and trackpad working as per usual, but scared to re-enable the tablet again after that experience. **** tablet!

Apr 28, 2016 8:42 AM in response to gPhot

The wacom tablet and pen are known causes of interference. Move them well away from your machine and try again. With no improvement, move them out of the room temporarily and try again. You need to establish that this is the culprit. Once it is proved you will need to find a way of working alonside the problem because you cannot blame the system for interference causes.

Trackpad unusable after using Wacom Tablet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.