Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone SE display problem

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has got this problem or is it just me.

Got a new 64gb iPhone SE on the 12/04/16, and after activation found out that the display is not displaying the proper white color, the white is not white it's a bit warm, looks like as though the night mode is activated, i compared it to my old iphone 5s and my iphone 6s, and there you go, you can clearly see the difference. I cant give it back to apple also, as i'm working on a cruise ship and am currently sailing.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem, or if the display is just made to look like that on the SE.

Its really frustrating when something like this happens, and especially when its brand new and Expensive.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 12:15 PM

Hi there silver spirit,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities and congratulations on your new iPhone SE.

If I understand correctly, you're concerned about the color temperature of your iPhone SE and you can't take it to a Genius to have it evaluated because you're out at sea. If you haven't already, try taking a look at the article linked below and adjusting the color temperature to Less Warm in Settings.

Adjust the display settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

User uploaded file

Use Night Shift

Night Shift adjusts the color of your display after sunset.1Many studies have shown that exposure to bright blue light in the evening can affect your circadian rhythms and make it harder to fall asleep. Night Shift will shift the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum after sunset, making it easier on your eyes. In the morning, it returns the display to its regular settings.

To turn Night Shift on or off, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift.2

On the same screen, you can manually turn Night Shift on or off, set a schedule, and adjust color temperature. By default, Night Shift is active from sunset to sunrise.

You can also turn Night Shift on or off from Control Center.

Ciao.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2016 12:15 PM in response to silver spirit

Hi there silver spirit,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities and congratulations on your new iPhone SE.

If I understand correctly, you're concerned about the color temperature of your iPhone SE and you can't take it to a Genius to have it evaluated because you're out at sea. If you haven't already, try taking a look at the article linked below and adjusting the color temperature to Less Warm in Settings.

Adjust the display settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

User uploaded file

Use Night Shift

Night Shift adjusts the color of your display after sunset.1Many studies have shown that exposure to bright blue light in the evening can affect your circadian rhythms and make it harder to fall asleep. Night Shift will shift the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum after sunset, making it easier on your eyes. In the morning, it returns the display to its regular settings.

To turn Night Shift on or off, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift.2

On the same screen, you can manually turn Night Shift on or off, set a schedule, and adjust color temperature. By default, Night Shift is active from sunset to sunrise.

You can also turn Night Shift on or off from Control Center.

Ciao.

Apr 29, 2016 3:28 PM in response to Jason L

HI Jason, thanks for reply, but it's not the night shift, I already tried switching it of and on, and also I tried cha the settings to less warm but still it's the same. This display by default is warm in colour and when you turn the night mode on it turns even more warmer. Recently my friend also bought an ipho SE so I compared the two, but his phone displays the correct colour temperature and mine does not.

THanks once again and any help would be greately appreciate.

Aug 7, 2016 1:19 PM in response to silver spirit

Hello,

I noticed the same problem. I compared directly my old 5s and the new SE, and was surprised that the SE

has the much warmer, almost yellowish hue of the display (night shift off). I also compared different SE phones on display at one local dealership, and also noticed some differences between different phones (my personal judgement. In apple store I got an explanation, that Apple uses screens from different producers, which might lead to some light hue differences. I was not happy with this and I am sending my iphone now for exhange, which I hope will help me to resolve my problem.

I am happy to see that also for these kind of problems Apple Service is on hand to help and accepts service action without any further complications. However the story with SE screen is a bit dissappointing, provided that SE is an excellent phone.

Regards,

Serhiy.

Iphone SE display problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.