Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri is too sensitive

Hi!

Almost everytime I try to unlock my iPhone 6 Siri activates. It very annoying. I'm not holding in the button, I'm just pushing it shortly and still Siri goes on. If I didn't have an Apple Watch and use Siri there, I'd totally turn off Siri on account of this.

Any suggestions?

Kindest regards,

Anders

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 4:29 AM

13 replies

Apr 30, 2016 8:09 AM in response to PhilAun

Not an issue i've come across either. Clicking the home button once turns on the phone. Then just resting the finger on the home button without pressing it, unlocks the iPhone. If you are holding the home button down longer than just a click of the button, then it may be triggering Siri.

Beyond that, you may need to have your home button checked.

Apr 30, 2016 9:16 AM in response to Phil0124

Yes, we know how it works, have been an iPhone user since the 3GS. It's a new problem that's been introduced with the new iOS (that obviously doesn't affect everyone). It's not the home button, or at least if it is, it's a really strange coincidence that it's happening on both my wife's phone and mine, at the same time, after updating. We didn't have this problem at all before iOS 9.3

Apr 30, 2016 9:26 AM in response to PhilAun

Let's put it this way:

If you give 10 different people a copy of the same set of instructions to build a chair, and 8 people build it fine, and 2 are having issues, do you automatically assume there's an issue with the instructions and you have to re-write them? Or do you maybe think, there may be something else going on with the 2 people having problems?

Same thing here, just because a few people are having a problem, does not automatically mean there is an inherent problem with the software that can actually be fixed, let alone be found.

Again, there's literally millions of users of iOS 9.3, how many are reporting this home button issue?

Again, maybe checking out your home button at an Apple store may be a good idea. Yes it coincidental it started showing up after the update, but does that mean it's impossible the home button itself may have developed a flaw? Or that there's something else that may be going on here?

May 8, 2016 3:46 PM in response to Phil0124

Let's put it this way:

Be less condescending and actually read what's being said. There's no need to repeat instructions on how to unlock an iPhone. The poster is not a toddler from the stone age. They know how to use the home button.

There was no problem with an oversensitive Siri before they updated. If the update triggered the problem, the hardware is not the cause. I am currently experiencing the same issue with my brand new iPhone 6s. Before the update, fine. After the update, oversensitive Siri showed up. In my case, it doesn't happen when unlocking the phone, but when I hit the home button to get out of an app and back to the home screen.

Apple constantly has software problems that don't affect every user (the Apple-confirmed, recently-patched Safari-crashing link bug, for example). To conclude that if it doesn't affect 100% of users, then it is therefore not a software problem, is absurd.

May 8, 2016 4:05 PM in response to Anders Wilhelmsson

I have a similar issue with my iPhone 6. I get the same thing when I am in an app and press the home button once to go back to home screen. This started occurring about 3 days ago. No matter what app I am in, when I try to go back to the home screen (and no matter how fast or slow I press the button) It always redirects to siri.

Now here is the odd part. If I tap it once more to get out of siri, it takes me back to the app I was in, then once more it will take me to the home screen. So basically, I have to hit the home button 3 times (with a break in between each one) to get back to the home screen from an app.

May 11, 2016 8:47 AM in response to pmcl77

Just talked to apple support.

After running remote diagnostics with them (diagnostics was great but there was something occuring with he device), they had me turn off siri and then force restart the device (holding home and power button pressed until device restarts). Then turn siri back on. For now the issue has disappeared. Apple will call back later to see if the issue has come back. I hope it won't.

Siri is too sensitive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.