Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming from external storage

is there a way to stream media from an externally connected storage device without having to import he media onto the iPad first. i.e if I have my sd card connected to my iPad via the sd card adapter can I stream the content with an app or otherwise without importing it!

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 3:22 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2016 4:54 AM in response to Isaac Carew

If you are writing about new commercial DVDs/Blu-ray discs and any purchased iTunes TV/movie content, then no.

There used to be workarounds for streaming commercial movie content from a wireless, external device, but Apple updated the code and plugged these work arounds when iOS 8 came out.

If you ripped older movie content from DVD and or have saved home movies and content from YouTube, it maybe possible to put that content onto one of the external, portable, wireless drives made specifically for mobile devices.

There are ways in new DVD and download movie content to defeat the DRM code, but since we cannot discuss how to do this on a public forum provided by Apple as the Terms of Use of this website prohibits us from discussing such things, you are left on your own to find your own answers.

Do your own web search for your own answers that may make what you want to do possible.

Good Luck!

Streaming from external storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.