Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing golf with my watch

Hello,

I play golf once a week and when I play golf I wear my watch. During the round it puts up the running green man like i'm exercising and even when I finish the round it still shows the running man in green on the top of the watch. My calories shoot up to the 1,000 when I'm playing golf and something just doesn't seem right about it. Please help me out with this issue?

Thanks,

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 5:41 AM

14 replies

Apr 26, 2016 6:02 AM in response to gjaramillo39

Hi

The runner icon indicates that you have a workout in progress.

To end a workout that is being recorded by the built-in Workout app:

- On your watch, go to the Home screen (via a single press of the Digital Crown) > tap on the Workout app icon (runner symbol) > end a workout, if one is in progress (press firmly on the screen, then tap on End).

Also, if you have previously used any third-party fitness tracking apps (such as Strava) to record workouts, check whether there is presently a paused activity within any of those apps on your watch. If there is, end that activity from within that app on your watch (not on your iPhone).

More information:

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2016 6:08 AM in response to gjaramillo39

When you have finished golfing, remember to end the workout in the Workout app (or third-party app, if you are using one instead) on your watch:

To end a workout in the Workout app:

- On your watch, go to the Home screen (via a single press of the Digital Crown) > tap on the Workout app icon (runner symbol) > end a workout, if one is in progress (press firmly on the screen, then tap on End).

Apr 26, 2016 6:32 AM in response to gjaramillo39

You may next wish to try unpairing and re-pairing your watch.

The Watch app on your iPhone takes a backup of your watch when unpairing via the app. Choose either to set up as a new watch or to Restore from Backup when offered the option during set up. If restoring from backup, most data and settings will be restored, with some exceptions (eg Apple Pay cards, passcode).

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Playing golf with my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.