Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I be worried about my fan going about 6000 RPM?

Hi, I'm quite new to this forum and I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but, should I be worried about my fan going about 6000 RPM? I've been having this issues quite recently and it also happens a lot when I'm not using any applications than just safari. It happens for like 1 min then it went back to 2000 RPM. I've replaced my fan and gpu about a year ago because it was burnt out from overheating. My Macbook Model is 13 inch, Early 2011, Intel Processor (i5)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 7:06 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2016 7:09 AM in response to iRion

"when I'm not using any applications than just safari"

You may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that's causing a conflict. It's easy to troubleshoot.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. If there are any extensions installed, uninstall one at a time then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Should I be worried about my fan going about 6000 RPM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.