Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD

Ok, so i know DVD issues are almost obsolete, yet my clients are older people who only have DVD players. I've created a project in FCPX and want to author it for a DVD via iDVD. I have a 2011 version of iDVD which i don't think I've ever used before. Anyway, after I export my project, iDVD won't let me import the resulting MP4 file, telling me it's not a recognised format. Is this because the project is devised of external audio and various angles via multi cam? iDVD seems to work ok with straight video files and audio files, though not if they're conjoined.

Jamie - Brighton - UK

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 7:51 AM

9 replies

Apr 28, 2016 3:18 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi both Tom and Russ, thanks for your replies.

I experimented and it did accept an .m4v version. It tells me the project is too large however. It's approx 90 mins long and is 6.97GB. I get this message when i import it.

Your project exceeds the maximum content duration. To burn your DVD, change the encoder setting in the Project Info window.

I'll experiment some more....

iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.