Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers on the iPhone 6Plus

Hi.

I'm using Numbers on my iPhone 6Plus to create a basic database of parking 'pay & display' machines and pay by phone location codes in the area in which I live.

Once I've been around and entered a days information 'in the field' how do I save my spreadsheet so when I open it on my iMac I can see my additions I have made throughout the day?

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 11:56 AM

The easiest way is to activate iCloud.

On the iPhone you do this in two places: 1) Settings > iCloud AND 2) Settings > Numbers.

On the Mac you do this at System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure you're signed into iCloud, and that iCloud Drive is checked. Then click the Options ... button and check Numbers.app.

I'm not sure if Mountain Lion runs a recent enough version of Numbers to do this, though.

You can also sync via iTunes though that requires more effort.

SG

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2016 11:56 AM in response to Macdemon2000

The easiest way is to activate iCloud.

On the iPhone you do this in two places: 1) Settings > iCloud AND 2) Settings > Numbers.

On the Mac you do this at System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure you're signed into iCloud, and that iCloud Drive is checked. Then click the Options ... button and check Numbers.app.

I'm not sure if Mountain Lion runs a recent enough version of Numbers to do this, though.

You can also sync via iTunes though that requires more effort.

SG

Apr 26, 2016 1:03 PM in response to Macdemon2000

Ok. (You have Mountain Lion in your first post above).

Have you dowloaded Numbers 3 from the Mac App Store? If you, have you may have both versions of Numbers on your machine, Numbers 3 in your Applications folder, and Numbers 2.3 in a subfolder named iWork '09. If so, you should be able to open the document created on your iPhone by launching Numbers 3 and going to File > Open in your menu and navigating to the document in the Numbers folder on iCloud Drive.

SG

Apr 26, 2016 1:44 PM in response to Macdemon2000

Glad things worked out!

If you didn't empty the trash you might keep v2 for a while. It's different from v3 and there may be features it has that you might miss. (It's ok to have both apps on your machine and you just have make sure you open a particular document with the right version).

On the other hand, if you haven't been using v2 that much, I think you'll be happy with v3. I use it almost exclusively now.

SG

Numbers on the iPhone 6Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.